"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one. "
~John Lennon


Sunday, April 20, 2014

Williams AZ

Growing up in southern California, I traveled along Route 66 many times, and many more times as an adult. Returning to this area brought back happy memories and I was enthralled with the small town of Williams AZ, happy to see how well it has been taken care of over the years. My son-in-law and granddaughter drove the half hour to Williams one morning and ate lunch in their favorite cafe. I can certainly understand why it is their favorite. The food is excellent. Expecting the usual discussion with the staff on gluten free food, it was a happy surprise to hear the waitress speak knowingly about their gluten free exchange. They were very accommodating. I chose a salad of lovely greens with a salmon steak prepared exactly as I like it, slightly crispy on the outside. My granddaughter and son-in-law encouraged me to try a cup of the homemade soup and I was so glad I did. I will attempt to make the soup here sometime. It was an Indian soup, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, in the most amazing curry broth. Totally delicious. Here are a few shots of the town of Williams AZ.





6 comments:

DJan said...

How wonderful to find a little town that is flourishing, and a restaurant that sounds like a little bit of heaven to me! Happy Easter to you and yours, CiCi. I always love to visit you. :-)

Abby said...

Glad you had such a nice trip and visit and that you're back to Lola! How often do you get to see your daughter and her family?

I've wanted to visit AZ for a while. My son was lobbying pretty hard a few years ago, but that turned out to be the year that practically the whole state was on fire. Plus, probably best to go in any season other than summer.

Jeanie said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love the memories of traveling on Rt. 66.

Brian Miller said...

sounds like a cool little town...and i def love a good curry....yum...its been years since i was in AZ

stephen Hayes said...

This looks like a pleasant place to stop for a meal and spend a few hours. Happy Easter.

terri said...

Williams certainly seems to have maintained it's old-time feel and looks like it is thriving well!