"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one. "
~John Lennon


Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tee Pee Capital

This article caught my attention.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/13/sport/inside-the-tee-pee-capital/index.html?hpt=tr_c2

and

http://visitmt.com/listing/categories_NET/MoreInfo.aspx?IDRRecordID=8832

My brother and sister-in-law and two of their kids live in Montana.

He and I have American Indian ancestry, maybe only 1/32, probably lots of Americans have that or more. We are French, German, and that little bit American Indian. When we were young children playing with schoolmates at the Catholic school, my brother would shout to me to "kick in my Indian power" when it was my turn to push the merry go round full of kids. It is a memory that has forever stayed with me and taught me to be proud of that connection, to my big brother and to our ancestors. When we played cowboys and Indians with friends, he and I would volunteer to be the Indians because we were drawn to the Indian prayers and how they incorporated nature into their daily lives. To this day, I greet the sun each morning and thank mother earth for providing abundantly.

One of the priorities for me now is  for my brother and his family and I to spend time at the Crow Fair Rodeo in Montana. Maybe even as soon as next year. Why put off......  You never know.....

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice...i hope you get that opportunity to spend time with them there...the native american/first nation people used to hold a celebration not too far from where i went to school...i found them quite fascinating...

DJan said...

That Indian maiden who captured the heart of your ancestor still lives within you, CiCi. I wish I had some Indian ancestry. Who knows, maybe I do and that Indian maiden was forgotten. :-)

Ms. A said...

I wish I had listened closer and taken notes when older family members spoke of our Indian ancestry. Now they are gone and there's nobody left for me to ask.

stephen Hayes said...

The Native American notion of praying to Mother Earth and living in harmony with nature is the only spiritual concept that makes sense to me.

Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo said...



The memory of your Indian ancestry will live forever as a great source of power and identity.

What an interesting write, CiCi!

Adam said...

Some ancestry companies offers a genetic test. I've been meaning to do one for my own ancestry. I'm pretty sure I have some Native American in me, but genetics will tell as they never lie

CiCi said...

Brian, "next year" will arrive quickly, so next spring I will begin planning the trip to Montana.

DJan, you are correct. I have always felt connected and drawn to Native American wisdom.

Ms A, Are you sure there are no ties or close friends with info to help with your search?

Stephen, I couldn't say it better myself.

Lawrence, yes I agree. Thank you.

Adam, maybe you are my little cousin!

Abby said...

It's nice to connect with the Indian ways. Have fun with your brother.