"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one. "
~John Lennon


Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Lot Of Wet

Lots of rain this week. Which means I could watch the grass grow each day. The last thing I had on my to-do list was think about a lawn mower. I had one, and rakes and shovels and such when I lived here before. There are push mowers and riding lawn mowers and also a couple lawn services in town.

After mulling it around I decided it would be better for me to have a push mower, but one that is personal pace making it easier to guide around the yard. The front and sides of the house are small yards but the back yard is a challenge for me. I welcome the challenge and the exercise I have committed to undertaking.

The new mower will be here soon and the Toro dealer will acquaint me with it. I don't expect it to become my new best friend, but it will be good for me to take responsibility for maintaining the yard. I am looking forward to planting flowers and maintaining the flower beds. I may need to cut back on a couple activities at the senior center but the benefits will outweigh the minor loss as the goal is as always to keep balance in my life. More on the new mower after it arrives and I have become familiar with it. Maybe I will give it a name.

10 comments:

Ms. A said...

You go girl!

Rock Chef said...

My names for lawn mowers tend to be profane. Hope you think of a nice one!

DJan said...

I remember when I would push a mower around the lawn, getting tons of exercise in the process. It was still quite a bit of work to run a power mower, and I enjoyed that even more. I look forward to meeting your new mower, CiCi. Of course you'll give it a name. :-)

CiCi said...

Ms A, Thanks for the encouragement.

RC, I will let you know when I have the new mower and have been inspired with a name.

DJan, the exercise is the draw for me since I tend to do sit down activities like play cards and dominoes and watch movies.

stephen Hayes said...

The first lawn mower I ever bought was a Toro. It lasted forever.

Lisa said...

you moved to your old home CiCi? I think it is nice.

I have found a new home for my blog and it is at Tumblr. The address is on my profile. The comment system is Disqus, which will appear when you click on the date at the bottom of the post.

It has been a while since I visited you CiCi.

Hilary said...

I can just see you sitting in your well-manicured back yard, having cocktails with your friends.

Adam said...

I have a husqvarna mower, works really well for me.

Stickup Artist said...

You are amazing! This is an awesome undertaking. I can't think of anything more pleasant than smelling freshly mown grass and admiring the colorful bounty of a well-loved yard while sipping a cold glass of lemonade. Anyway, that's my fantasy, that's how I envision you; surrounded by beauty and nature's perfume. Enjoy!

CiCi said...

Stephen, does this mean you still have the Toro? I have high hopes for this lawn mower. If it ever stops raining.

Lisa, yes, back to the original place I moved to in this town 4 1/2 years ago. Glad things are going well for you.

Hilary, maybe not this year, but next year the yard should be a lovely lawn and kept well mowed.

Adam, I will look that up. Are you good with the weed whacker? I have to learn how to use that.

Stickup, yes, it feels like a really big deal to me and I am determined to learn it and be good at it. And yes, I will enjoy the fruits of my labor.