"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one. "
~John Lennon


Monday, September 22, 2014

Meet Parker

The shiny new red lawn mower has been performing better than expected. I can't say it is like riding wind blowing my hair on the back of a Harley, but walking behind the self propelled mower fulfills the need to be outside smiling in the sun and smelling the fresh mown grass.

The new mower was a fairly large purchase, and since I will be close and familiar with it for many years to come, it is natural to be on first name basis. I decided to christen the Toro "Parker" which means keeper of the park. Granted, the lawn is not a park, it is a large back yard and at this time it is daunting, but I am hopeful that with Parker's help and the Personal Pace feature, the mass of green will be well maintained and manicured but not stuffy. I like a more natural look, soft flowing flowers, plenty of trees, and my clothesline behind the house breaking up the view but not disturbing it.

It is easier to learn how to change settings on Parker than it is to learn how to open and close the darn gas can!



19 comments:

DJan said...

Well, hello there, Parker, glad to meet you! And I hope you perform well over many years. :-)

Rock Chef said...

We will have to start calling you Lady Penelope!

Abby said...

Hello to Parker! Very fitting name. He looks very qualified for the job.

CiCi said...

DJan, Parker was brought out this morning but grass was too wet so will have to wait till this afternoon to mow.

RC, You can call me that and I may like it.

Abby, Parker is going to be around for a long time, and he is indeed qualified for what I expect from him.

Adam said...

new gasoline cans are design to be "safer" but in truth I think more people spill stuff because they cant' get them to work properly. Irony at its finest.

Ms. A said...

May you have a long and satisfying relationship!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

I like Parker but am wondering ,"when did you move from your apartment with all the water damage?"
I've been away too long:(

Hilary said...

It looks like Parker is on the cutting edge.

stephen Hayes said...

I hope your Toro "Parker" lasts as long as the Toro we had growing up. It lasted over thirty years.

Pauline said...

I am jealous of your bright and shiny new friend. I can't manage the vacuuming any more but still manage to mow the lawn. Would never have thought that would happen.

CiCi said...

Adam, Criminy, now I lost the cap to the gas can. I set it on the mower and then mowed the lawn and could not find the gas cap. Oh Bummer.

Ms A, I certainly hope so. Thanks.

Heidrun, Just moved three weeks ago back into the little white house.

Hilary, it was lots of discussion and online investigation, as well as just using my head that lead me to the decision to purchase Parker.

Stephen, wow, thirty years is a great return on the investment. I figure twenty years should get me through.

Pauline, I have one small bedroom to vacuum now. I know what you mean. Wish I lived closer to you I could help you with the vacuuming!

terri said...

Great looking mower! My husband would be jealous.

Brian Miller said...

ha. those gas cans can be a pain....mine is....cool new mower....i have been using the neighbors tractor to do my field...since mine broke...need to find one in the off season...

Joanna Jenkins said...

Oh, the smell of fresh cut grass. Ahh.
Happy mowing, CiCi.
xo jj

CiCi said...

Terri, your husband would like the way this mower handles. Thankfully, it is easy to maneuver.

Brian, My friend found the cap in the yard this afternoon. Whew. There is much for me to learn in my experience as lawn maintenance support.

Joanna, Getting outside and getting exercise is working out to be a great help and I do like smelling the freshly cut lawn.

Pearl said...

Nice mower! And better mowing than shoveling, huh?!

Greetings from Minneapolis!

Pearl

CiCi said...

Pearl, thanks for the greetings from Minneapolis. We are expecting a long hard winter here this year. I am probably going to wish I had gotten a snow blower as well as Parker!

Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo said...



the coming of Parker foretold
the sound
of manicured lawn

ShadowRun300 said...

I hate cleaning house, but ask me to mow the lawn and I am all over it! How have I not named my lawn buddy yet?
Parker looks like he'll do well for you for many years. Your yard is sure to thrive with the two of you around!